Being sure that your audio is working as needed is of obvious importance. Most newer computers have built-in mics and speakers. You’ll want to check on this in advance so you're ready to go at the time of the event.
Some computers with speakers have the sound turned down or off. If you're not sure about yours, go to a Website that has videos or audio (You Tube for example) to tell if you can hear.
If not, you can go to the Start button on your computer, then to Contol Panel, then to Audio/Sound Devices and either Unmute (if the Mute box has a checkmark, clicking it will unmute so you can hear) or turn the volume up if it is too low (by raising a lever on the screen).
If you need help with adjusting your audio we can quickly provide the instruction just before the event starts.
If your computer does not have a mic and/or speakers, you can use an external device if desired. You will not require a mic for purposes of these events.
You can also choose to listen in by phone. Your event notice will provide you with the call-in number and event ID number. Using it will allow you to hear what is being said through the Internet while watching your screen for the slides and other visuals.
When you registered through the link provided on this site (under "Events" tab) you received the event access information. You can return to the same link at the time of the live event.
If your event requires a password, that means it is limited to the participants described in the announcements. Your password will be sent to you separately. If you did not complete the required registration information you may receive a request for further information by email. Most events do not require a password.
Be sure that our automated notice (emailed from email@example.com@citrixonline.com) does not get overlooked in your Junk Mail folder.
If necessary, an alternative method of access is here:
Go to www.JoinMyWebinar.com and enter your email address and the Webinar ID 165168587.
If you are accidentally logged out of an event, simply log back in to rejoin it.
Unlikely though it is, we should note that inappropriate conduct will result in dismissal from the live event.
- Upon logging in on the event day, you will enter a "Waiting Room" (and be there briefly), then be brought onto the event Webpage.
- You will see a control panel in the upper right hand quadrant of your screen. You will be able to ask questions or alert the Moderator using this tool.
- The control panel can be minimized by clicking the orange and white arrow box that is at the upper left part of the panel box. This will get it out of your way to see the visuals presented by speakers. You can maximize it whenever you wish by clicking the arrow again.
- The "Audio" section of the control panel may be accessed by clicking the "+" sign next to the word Audio. If you are using your computer to hear the presenters (through the computer) leave the Audio botton "as is" on the default setting.
If, instead, you need to use your phone in order to hear, the setting must be changed to Telephone so simply click on that button.
The Moderator will be able to assist if needed.
- The slides and/or other visuals of our presenters will show on your screen.
- The Question box on your control panel can be used to ask questions of speakers and the Moderator as well as to alert if you are having any difficulties. There will be a brief period at the start to address questions about the technology if needed. Participating in the Web event is easy and you shouldn't encounter any problems.
Precautions have been taken in the unlikely event of weather, electric or phone/Internet service emergencies affecting the Foundation's office. If any of these occur, we will do our best to avoid any disruption of the program. Should you be disconnected, please just log back in.
This page of the Website will also be used to post any important notices during the live events.
Thank you for your participation and we wish you an exceptional experience for the benefit of animals.